Dimitis Nikolaidis was born in Athens, in 1960
He studied at the Athens School of Fine Arts, from 1983 to 1988.
His occupation with the design and construction of jewelry dates back in 1987. He was taught techniques of processing metals by painter and jewelry-maker Giota Kaliakmani and silver-goldsmith Christophoros Prineas.
In 1995 he attended a Gemology Seminar, by the Greek Gemological Association.
He has been a member of the Chamber of Fine Arts in Greece.
He has participated in group and individual exhibitions in Greece and abroad.
- 1988 Group Jewelry Exhibition in ZM Gallery, Salonika.
- 1994 Group Jewelry Exhibition in Fanourakis Gallery, Athens.
- 1996 Individual Jewelry Exhibition in DIASPRO Gallery, Nicosia.
- 1997 Participation in the exhibition “6.000 Years of Greek Jewelry” organized by the Ministry of Culture, Villa Bianca, Salonica.
- 1998 Group Jewelry Exhibition in the Anemos Gallery, Kifissia.
- 2005 Participation in the Exhibition “Silver Art-European Heritage and Modern Design“, Byzantine Museum of Ioannina.
- 2006 Participation in the Exhibition “Elaias Enkomion (In Praise of the Olive)”, under the auspices of the Academy of Athens, in the building of the United Nations, New York.
- 2011 Retrospective jewelry exhibition "Inspired by kterismata", in the Benaki Museum Shop of Pireos St. in Athens
- 2016 Participation in the jewelry exhibition in Lalaounis Museum, Athens
In 1990, he was awarded the second prize in the Panhellenic Competition of Artistic Jewelry, organized by the House of Kessaris.
Since 1995, he has been teaching design and construction of jewelry in training workshops for adults.